One $250 Scholarship is given each year. A recipient may receive the award up to two times.
- Must be an active member of troop 37 (attending at least 50% of meetings and campouts)
- Must be attending a local Catholic middle school or Boylan Catholic HS
- Eligible applicants will write a brief essay about “Why their Catholic education is important to them and how it relates to their scouting life”
- Essays will be written in conjunction with scouting activities, either before, during or at a separate troop meeting. A specific form will be provided at that time.
- Scouts who wish to apply, should think about the essay topic ahead of time and come prepared to write their answer.
- Your ideas about the topic matter more than the handwriting, spelling or grammar. But still, do your best.
- The decision to award the scholarship will be made by designated adults connected to the troop.
- Announcement of the award will be at the February Troop Court of Honor.
- Award is paid directly to school on behalf of the student.
Questions: Mr Weickert 815-979-8888